The aim of the program
The aim of this new program (PIP) is to improve and maintain quality language teaching and learning so that school leaders and their communities can understand how well a school is operating and how it can be even better.
Benefits for CLS
PIP offers your school
• access to advice and guidance on areas for improvement through a formal assessment process
• a customised professional learning program
• eligibility to apply for OMI funding when your school achieves registration
Most importantly, application of the PIP demonstrates to parents and community members that your community language school is committed to quality, continuous learning and improvement.
PIP supports the development of community language schools through an assessment and evaluation process. It provides community language schools with tools to assess their effectiveness and progress towards best practice in the management and delivery of community language learning.
• four stages of development that reflect how community language schools operate
• standards and domains that describe school effectiveness and progress
• information and tools that measure effectiveness and progress, identify areas for improvement, and support schools on their development pathway to improved programs
Read more about Pathways to Improvement
- Stages of development on Pathway to Improvement
- Tools to help you plan for improvement
- Working towards Stage 1- Registration
- PIP portfolio
- How to build your portfolio