How will you submit the descriptions and evidence related to what your school has done to meet the standards? Some type of online or digital portfolio is recommended. Online portfolios are easy to edit and to keep updated for future reference.
An easy way to organise the portfolio
Click to see a full-size example of a suggested Folder-structure. There are many ways to organise and present your school’s portfolio. This is just one way.
Pathways to Improvement is built around eight Standards. It makes sense that your portfolio is organised with a folder for each standard. NOTE For Stage 1 – Registration, your portfolio needs to address only seven of the standards; you do NOT need to address Standard 3.
Inside the folder for each standard there will be a commentary (story) related to the standard plus however many pieces of evidence are needed to back-up the commentary.
Which standards and outcomes?
The portfolio for Registration does not need to address all the standards and outcomes. Standards Assessment for Registration Revised-2019-09-19 explains which standards and which outcomes need to be addressed.
For more detailed explanations refer to Standards Compendium.
What actions and evidence?
You decide what to say about your school and which evidence shows your school well.
Be very selective. Choose quality over quantity. Your portfolio does NOT need to be large to demonstrate that your school is doing a good job. Read more about Quality-evidence .
Standards Assessment for Registration_Interactive
This is the document that the evaluator/s will use. It has details of outcomes that make up each standard and the sorts of evidence required.
Use these files to record your commentary for each outcome. Please note: schools do not need to address Standard 3 for Stage 1 – Registration.
- Standard 1 Know students and how they learn. Outcome: Creating-culture-of-classroom
- Standard 2 Know how to teach. Outcome: Assessing-and-reporting
- Standard 3 Not addressed at Registration level.
- Standard 4 Know the content and the curriculum. Outcome: Knowing-the-language-and-the-culture
- Standard 5 Demonstrate leadership in language education. Outcome: Planning-for-language-teaching-and-learning
- Standard 6 Practise good governance. Outcomes: Decisions-consistent-with-relevant-legislation Meeting-CLP-elegibility-requirements Responding-to-community-needs Welcoming-to-everyone
- Standard 7 Connect classroom learning to the family and wider language community. Outcomes: 7-Bring-community-into-school 7-Take-school-into-community
- Standard 8 . Encourage intercultural engagement with the wider Australian community. Outcome:8-Linking-language-culture-communities